Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Protractor Crazy!

As it is my first year teaching, there have been several projects that I have facilitated with 2 different grade levels, to see which works best.  I really want my students to enjoy what they are doing, and I am finding that students are most enthusiastic when I strike the perfect balance between challenge and success (I guess this might seem obvious, but again, its my first year guys!). 

One of the assignments that I did this with was my Frank Stella inspired protractor project, based on (Ta-Da!) Stella's own Protractor Series.  We discussed Stella's life and works, deliberating the notions of abstract vs. realistic art, as well as organic versus geometric composition. 

I am so thrilled with how stunning were their results!

No comments:

Post a Comment